Self-doubt and fear interfere with our ability to achieve or set goals. Self-doubt and fear are the voices in our head telling us, "You'll never succeed, so why try?" and "who do you think you are?" Self-doubt and fear are also what make us listen to those voices and decide to give up before we get started.
While many people experience self-doubt and fear at some point in their lives, they take action anyway. Others remain stuck, or are confident in only one area of their life, such as work. They are too afraid to try new things like going back to school, entering new relationships or learning new skills.
When we let self-doubt and fear rule our lives, we miss opportunities. We predict and believe that nothing good will happen to us, so we don't try anything new, and refuse to take even low-level risks. This leads us to discount people or situations that could help us reach our goals. While self doubt and fear can come in different forms and from different sources, we can learn to break through them.
The vicious cycle of self-doubt and fear can paralyze you to no end. You have to learn to rule self doubt and not let it rule you. Understand that you are the decision maker and you can change the way you think is you just have a little faith. you can be successful in whatever you do.
To live with self-doubt is to like having your life ruled by the feelings. Don't focus on the negative concentrate on the positive. I know this can be difficult but it is not impossible. We are equipped with this ability but we must learn to use this part of us to fight fear and self doubt. Stop telling yourself that you are not good enough or that you will not make it. Realize that it is that you may just be afraid to try. Know, that we do not inherit a spirit of fear but one of love.
Making positive changes
learn to change your attitude about yourself. read about and talk to people who have broken through their self-doubts and taken control of their lives. get support from others and consciously began turning Your destructive self-talk into constructive self-talk. if you took certain actions, your mind and emotions will follow. began to plan and achieve your goals. Have faith in your ability. then you will soon see that life will began to improve. learn to let go of blame and start to take small risks. stop comparing yourself to other people and began to open up to new opportunities.
If you need help overcoming feelings of self-doubt and fear, please read these ten techniques and processes that have helped me get to this place in my life.
1. Make a list of your fears. Only by admitting that they exist can you seek solutions.
2. Write down how these fears affect your life.
3. Become aware of the voices in your head and write down those negative messages.
4. Start building a support system of friends and eliminate people from your life who foster feelings of negativity.
5. Join a support group of people who have similar issues.
6. Change each negative message to one that is affirming and constructive.
7. Read books that help you feel better about yourself.
8. Be aware of your past, and be willing to let go of it.
9. List your goals and the actions you need to achieve them.
10. Take one of those actions every day. Each time you do something that brings you closer to achieving your goals you will feel better about yourself.
When fears and self-doubts come back, and they still do, I break through them by using the tools and skills I've learned and now teach. They work.
Be Blessed Family!